Last Updated: December 11, 2019
- Information Collection.
- Information We Collect Directly Through Our Website or App.
- Information We Collect Automatically.
- Information We Collect Through Cookies or Similar Technologies.
- Opting Out of Behaviorally Targeted Advertising.
- How to Control Cookies.
- Links to Other Websites and Widgets.
- Use of Third-Party Data.
- Linked Financial Accounts.
- Information We Share for Servicing.
- Information We share with Third Parties to Provide Services.
- Information We Share for Marketing.
- Choices to Limit Sharing.
- Access to Personal Information.
- Confidentiality and Security.
- Not Intended for Children.
- Contact us.
- Consumer Privacy Notice.
1. Information Collection.
We collect information from you when you provide information directly to us through our website or app and automatically through your use of our website or app, including using cookies or similar technologies.
2. Information We Collect Directly Through Our Website or App.
We collect your personal information on our website or app when you:
- Ask a question;
- Use tools and calculators;
- Apply for products or services;
- Complete a form;
- Conduct transactions;
- Email us;
- Subscribe to receive email from us; or
- Complete website or app surveys or feedback.
Personal information includes any information that identifies you. Some examples of the personal information that Nimbl may collect include:
- Name, address, date of birth and Social Security number;
- Assets, income, and occupation;
- Property address and value;
- Account and policy information;
- Account login credentials;
- Transaction data and related information from your linked accounts;
- Driver’s license number;
- Financial information;
- Credit reports and other consumer report information;
- Information from applications and transactions;
- Any information you provide us; and
- Public information.
We may collect personal information about you when you apply for a product or service. We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided and the purposes identified in our privacy policies or notices.
We retain your personal information while your account is active or as needed to provide you services, such as account management. Also, we may retain and use your information as required or permitted by law, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
3. Information We Collect Automatically.
We gather certain information automatically using online technologies whenever you use our website or app, send us an email, or interact with our emails or advertisements. These technologies include cookies, logs, web beacons, tags, scripts, local storage, and others. We may use these technologies for providing our products or services, security, authentication, analytics, product or service improvement, advertising, fraud detection, tracking your movement around our website or app, or similar purposes.
WWe may automatically collect certain information from you, including internet protocol addresses, browser information, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, session ID, date and time stamp, geolocation, click or touch stream data, movement, scroll, and, in some cases keystroke activity. We use this information to:
- Conduct website or app analysis;
- Recognize your browser or device;
- Remember your preferences and interactions;
- Collect information about our website or app usage and email responses;
- Log activity on our website or apps; and
- Market products or services to you.
4. Information We Collect Through Cookies or Similar Technologies.
Nimbl and Nationwide use third-party cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to collect anonymous information and technical data, like your internet protocol address, operating system, or session ID. We share this information with our business partners to manage our online advertising and to recognize visitors’ computers and devices. This allows us to render relevant ads to you. This is referred to as behaviorally-targeted, or interest-based, ads.
Our third-party partners also use such technologies for website or app analysis and to manage the effectiveness of our ads placed on other websites or apps. We do not store your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any sensitive personal information in these cookies or similar technologies. The companies that distribute our ads are only permitted to use or share your information for marketing Nationwide products and services.
We use local storage, such as HTML5 or Flash Cookies, to store content information and preferences. Our business partners who provide certain features on our website or app or display advertising based upon your web browsing activity may also use HTML5, Flash Cookies, or similar technologies to collect and store information.
5. Opting Out of Behaviorally Targeted Advertising.
If you wish, you can opt out of interest-based advertising at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note that you may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads from these companies after you opt-out. Nationwide websites and apps do not respond to “do not track” requests.
6. How to Control Cookies.
7. Links to Other Websites and Widgets.
Other companies or organizations may have links to their websites or apps on our webpages. Our website or app may also include social media widgets, such as the “share this” buttons and links to third-party websites or apps, like Facebook and Twitter. These features may collect your IP address and the page you visited on our site. These features also may place a cookie or use similar technologies to enable these features to function properly. We are not responsible for how these third parties collect, use, disclose or secure the information that you provide to them. Please read their privacy policies so you can learn how their websites or apps use your information.
8. Use of Third-Party Data.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly-available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data. We may combine this data with information we already have about you, which allows us to update our records. For example, we may collect change of address information from third parties for address standardization and correction.
9. Linked Financial Accounts.
10. Information We Share for Servicing.
When you buy a product or service, we may share your information with other Nationwide companies or our business partners to service your product or service, to conduct research and analytics, to develop our website or app, and to conduct surveys. They may track and keep aggregated visitor information. We may also share your information with your agent, investment advisor, investment company, broker-dealer or transfer agent affiliates. They use your information to manage your policy or account.
We also share and disclose your information for everyday business and servicing purposes, and as permitted by law. You cannot opt out of these. Some examples include:
- Mailing your statements or processing transactions that you request;
- As required by law, such as responding to a subpoena or governmental requests;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request; and
- Disclosing your information in connection with the sale or purchase of a business.
If Nationwide is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email or a prominent notice on our website or app of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
11. Information We share with Third Parties to Provide Services.
We may sometimes share information about you with third parties or partners we partner with in order to provide you or improve our Services. For example, when we provide you with integrated, co-branded, or suggested products or services from our partners, we may pre-populate some of your information with those third parties or partners to assist you in applying to their products or services. In those cases, you will need to submit your information to those partners—even though that interaction may appear to take place on our websites or apps. You will then be subject to the privacy policies and terms of those partners. We may also share your information with your consent.
We may also obtain information from our partners relating to your uses or feedback relating to those products or services.
12. Information We Share for Marketing.
We may share your information for marketing purposes as further described in our Financial Privacy Notice. You may find that notice in the website or app and make additional privacy choices as described below.
13. Choices to Limit Sharing.
If you would like to discontinue receiving marketing emails from Nimbl, you may do so by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
14. Access to Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us. You may access and correct your information by logging into your account through the website or app.
If we received information from an institutional source, such as a consumer reporting agency or other financial institution, you’ll have to contact them directly. You may also want to review the specific privacy notice for the product that is provided you in the website or app for additional instructions.
15. Confidentiality and Security.
We use reasonable physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information, both during transmission and storage. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information. No method of transmission over the internet, including by email, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee its security.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We require our business partners to use your personal information only for our purposes and for the purposes we outline in our privacy policies and notices.
16. Not Intended for Children.
Our websites or apps are not intended for children ages 13 and younger. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have questions or concerns relating to collection of personal information relating to children, you may contact us using the information found in the “Contact Us” section below.
18. Contact us.
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, OH 43215